Can liver cancer be cured with chemotherapy and naturally? Treatment options include embolization, ablation, or both for liver tumors. Other options may include targeted therapy, immunotherapy, chemotherapy (either systemic or arterial infusion of the liver), and/or radiation therapy. In some cases, treatment may shrink the tumor enough so that surgery, including a partial left or transplant, may be possible. This time we will focus on the discussion of the treatment of liver cancer using chemotherapy and naturally, or it may be?
Chemotherapy is treatment with drugs to destroy cancer cells. Can liver cancer be cured with chemotherapy -Chemotherapy is a systemic (whole body) using anti-cancer drugs that are injected into a vein or administered through the mouth. These drugs get into the bloodstream and reach all areas of the body, which is a potentially useful treatment for cancer that has spread to distant organs.
Can Liver Cancer Be Cured With Chemotherapy?
Liver cancer chemotherapy drugs are largely refused. The most effective drugs such as systemic chemotherapy on liver cancer were doxorubicin (adriamycin), 5-fluorouracil, and cisplatin. But even these drugs are shrinking only a small part of the tumor, and the answer was often do not last long. Can liver cancer be cured with chemotherapy -Even with a combination of drugs, in most studies, systemic chemo has not helped patients live longer, and one of them involves the infusion of the hepatic artery.
Hepatic artery infusion was performed because of poor response against systemic chemo, doctors have studied the drug directly into the hepatic artery chemotherapy, to see whether it might be more effective. This technique is known as a hepatic arterial infusion (HI). The chemotherapy went into the liver through the hepatic artery, but a heart-healthy break down most of the drug before it can reach the rest of the body. Can liver cancer be cured with chemotherapy -It is still more chemotherapy for tumors compared with systemic chemotherapy, but not increase the side effects. The most commonly used drugs include floxuridine (FUDR), cisplatin, mitomycin C, and doxorubicin.
Earlier studies have found that HAI is often effective in the tumors to shrink, but further research is still needed. This technique may not be useful in all patients because it often requires surgery to insert a catheter into the hepatic artery, an operation that may not be well tolerated by many patients with liver cancer. See also: Stage 4 Liver Cancer How Long To Live.
What are the side effects of chemotherapy treatment? Drugs chemotherapy attacks cells that divide rapidly, which is why they work against cancer cells. But other cells in the body, such as those in the bone marrow, the membranes of the mouth and intestines, and hair follicles, also divide rapidly. These cells are also likely to be affected by chemotherapy, which can cause side effects.
Side effects of chemotherapy depend on the type and dose of medication administered and the time you are accepted. Common side effects include hair loss, ulcers in the mouth, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, increased likelihood of infection, bruising or bleeding easily, or it could be fatigue.
Can liver cancer be cured with chemotherapy -These side effects usually do not last long and left after the end of treatment. There are often ways to reduce them. For example, drugs can be given to help prevent or reduce nausea and vomiting. Be sure to ask your doctor or nurse about medicines to help reduce side effects.
Along with possible side effects in the list above, some drugs may have side effects specifically your own. Ask your health care team is what you can expect. You should report any side effects you notice while undergoing chemotherapy to your medical team so you can be immediately treated. In some cases, it may be necessary to reduce the dose of chemotherapy drugs or treatment may be necessary to postpone or terminate, to avoid the side effects get worse.
Can Liver Cancer Be Cured Naturally?
What about the treatment of liver cancer are natural? Is there a possibility of healing occurs? Research into the use of complementary and alternative medicine for liver cancer is limited. But research shows that some alternative therapies may offer benefits for people who are treated for all types of cancer, including cancer of the liver. Can liver cancer be cured with chemotherapy -Some alternative treatments have been found to reduce undesirable side effects of conventional cancer treatments, such as nausea and vomiting.
Compared with other types of cancer, liver cancer occurs relatively infrequently in the United States and Europe. This is one of the reasons why research on the use of complementary medicines and alternative treatments of liver cancer is rare in western countries. Studies about liver disease in general, However, he began to explain how the potential of complementary medicine and alternatives can be used for liver cancer. See also: Stage 4 Liver Cancer Life Expectancy Without Treatment.
Many researches alternative treatments for cancer have investigated the ability of therapies to reduce side effects of conventional treatments. Here are some of the latest ideas about the use of complementary and alternative medicines for liver cancer:
1. Acupuncture. Studies have shown that acupuncture can help nausea and vomiting in patients with cancer. Nausea is a common side effect of chemotherapy, and nausea can be a problem for people with liver cancer.
2. Spices. Milk thistle, a Mediterranean herb is used for centuries to treat problems with the liver. "Research currently being carried out on the effects of milk thistle on hepatic toxicity of the chemotherapy and research, which could also be relevant for cancer of the liver." Mistletoe is another herb that got the attention of researchers of liver cancer. Recently, a small study in Egypt to see the effect of mistletoe in cancer patients.
3. Sport! Yoga and Tai Chi can help patients overcome fatigue generally associated with cancer of the liver. Can liver cancer be cured with naturally -You have to be careful that you can tolerate certain positions, but if it is done under the supervision of an experienced teacher, it might help."
4. Diet. A healthy diet is very important for all patients with cancer, but it is very important for those with cancer of the liver. "The liver is one of the main organs in the digestive process, decreased liver function, if you have trouble with digestion." a diet rich in whole grains, fresh fruit, and vegetables, especially leafy greens, can help improve Digestion.
5. Massage. Sometimes patients with liver cancer can experience swelling, the swelling that occurs when fluid accumulates in the body. In people with cancer of the liver, swelling tends to affect the feet, ankles, and feet. Massage when the licensed massage therapist, experienced, who had knowledge about the care of patients with cancer, can help to relieve the swelling.
How herbal therapy? Some herbal medicines, as mentioned above, it may be useful in the treatment of symptoms associated with cancer of the liver. However, people suffering from liver cancer it is necessary to take special measures before taking any herbal remedies. Can Liver Cancer Be Cured With Chemotherapy And Naturally -Abomination is a herbal medicine containing alcohol, even if their objects, because the affected liver cancer may be more difficult to break down and metabolism of substances, so the heart can be more difficult to process alcohol.
In addition, some herbal supplements, such as Gingko Biloba, can cause excessive bleeding. Whereas the liver releases vital substances that help the blood congealed, liver cancer can reduce the body's ability to prevent bleeding. As a result, suffering from liver cancer should discuss new medications, including herbal supplements, your doctor before drinking. Our Advice, if your treatment should be carried out the advice of a physician, can be useful.